Our Mission Statement:
Maximizing the potential for all students and preparing them for the 21st century.
Our vision is to infuse 21st century skills and Whitson values to maximize the academic potential of all students. Through actively engaging both students and parents in the learning process and offering well-balanced educational opportunities for all students we strive to create a trusting and safe environment for the school community.
7:30 a.m. - 4:40 p.m. Monday - Friday
Whitson students who ride the bus are expected to remain in their seats and out of the aisles at all times. Students are also expected to follow all directions given by the bus driver and talk only in a quiet voice. Distracting behavior on the bus may result in bus detention or bus suspension. Please see Mrs. Calvert (438-4584) with any questions pertaining to the bus.
- All students will enter through the main office doors beginning at 8:10 (9:00 on Fridays).
- Students who would like to eat breakfast should make their way to the gym at this time. Once finished with breakfast they may read quietly outside of their classroom or report to walk and talk.
- Students not eating breakfast will sit quietly outside of their classroom and read a book or go to walk and talk until school starts at 8:40 (9:30 on Fridays).
- Walk and Talk: Students choosing not to read outside their classroom may walk around the primary playground (weather permitting).
- Teaching will take place until 3:40; therefore the main office doors will be locked until then.
- All bus riders will line up in the auditorium hallways.
- All kindergarten students will exit the building onto the primary playground. Parents or older siblings may pick up their students from the playground.
- All car riders or walkers will exit the building through the door closest to their classroom. Remember that after school Arnold is one way (Southbound). Cars should not stop in the street as this is a safety hazard. Drivers who do not follow this may be ticketed.